Monday, March 24, 2014

Fencing is Hard Work

Happy Monday!  Over the last couple of weeks, I decided to go back to my paper crafting roots and try my hand at some scrapbooking pages. 

 

I love this photo of Liz.  My husband snapped it during fencing practice a couple of weeks ago.    When I watch fencing, the athletes make it look so easy and balletic, that I almost forget that is it such a physical sport.  I took some fencing lessons last year so that I could learn more about the sport that is my daughter’s passion.  To say I was a “hot mess” when I was done is an understatement.

 

 

2014-03-24 Liz WM

 

 

If  you would like to learn more about fencing, here is a info graphic from the Guardian for the 2012 London Olympics that gives a great over view.   (slide 8)

 

In other, related news, earlier this month, we found out that Liz was picked to be a Taste Agent for Skratch Labs.   Skratch Labs products are designed to optimize performance using real, all-natural ingredients.  (You can read all the details on the Skratch Labs website.)

 

 

taste agent badge

 

That’s all I have for you this week.  I hope you have a fabulous week!  Thank you for stopping by.

 

Supplies:

  • Paper:  Bazzill Basics CS, Simple Stories Say Cheese 6x6 paper pad, Georgia Pacific white CS, Paper Studio black CS
  • Tools:  Big Shot, MFT Die-namics Stacking Stars Die
  • Embellishments:  Black Patio Pain,  cork, misc washi tape & buttons
  • Font:  Traveling Typewritter


Challenges:

13 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is a lovely page Cheryl x

Kate said...

Such a super page - and a great photo of your daughter! I've never tried fencing but my young niece (11 years) is quite active in the sport. Best of luck to Liz with her fencing - and her tasting!!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous layout.
luv
Debby

designermc said...

Great layout, Love the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at 613 Avenue Create.
Nancy, DT

Kim M said...

Great layout! I love your use of color, design and embellishments. Thanks for taking the time to share with us at CIU Challenge Blog.
http://macnart.typepad.com/

Jeni said...

Great layout and pic Cheryl!
~jeni :)

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Fantastic layout and what a great shot of your daughter!

Thanks for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!
Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Mrs A. said...

Great page layout and a super snap of your daughter. You are both obviously proud of her and justifiably so. Thank you for entering over at Craft my Life challenge.
Hugs Mrs A. (DT.)

michele said...

Lovely layout Cheryl thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

Unknown said...

great scrapbook page layout! I love your colour choice and all the little elements... Thank you so much for joining us in our Always anything goes challenge at Scribble and Scrap !
Mirella DK
DT Scribble and Scrap Challenge (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

maureenjscott said...

this is a fantastic layout! love it! Thanks for sharing in our Anything Goes challenge at Crafting by Designs this month!
Mo dt xxx

Helen said...

Great layout - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

Helen x

ali said...

I love your blog its awesome please click on the below keyword to know more about religion Religion Bhajan
REligion Country
Religion Bhajan
REligion Country