Thursday, June 30, 2011

Love ya!

Wow! It has been a busy week so far. I almost forgot to post my project!

On Sunday night, one of my dogs tangled with a skunk. Not only did she get sprayed but she was bit 3 times. (Thank goodness all the drama was after “True Blood” finished.) We looked on-line and saw that the “old wives tales” solutions such as tomato juice are no longer recommended. We mixed up a solution of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap, put it on her and had to hold her still for 5-10 minutes. (You can find more on this HERE. This solution is what was recommended by our vet too.) I’m happy to say that the solution seemed to work pretty well although my house was a little smelly the next day. We also made a trip to the vet to get a rabies booster and for them to check out her bites. She seems to be doing fine and since she was up-to-date on her vaccines, we really don’t need to worry too much about the bites.

My daughter’s softball team also won their division. Yeah Cougars!

Added to that, it is fiscal year end at the company I work at. Enough said about that. I don’t want to bore you all but suffice to say I feel like I am running around like a mad woman.

With all this going on, I felt like I could use a hug so when I saw Meljen’s Designs Teeny Mouse Hugs in my files, I knew I had to use it. I think this card is going in my box for OWH.

Before I forget, Melissa is releasing some new, yummy images today. Check these out! They will be available today in the Whimsy Stamps store.

The new challenge on the Meljen’s Designs blog is a sketch challenge. The sketch was created by our Meljen’s teamie, Dianna. Stop by the Meljen’s Designs blog to find out all the challenge details.

Thank you for stopping by!

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Teeny Mouse Hugs by Meljen’s Designs on Whimsy Stamps, Handwritten Notes from Papertrey
  • Inks: Close To My Heart chocolate ink
  • Papers: Neenah Solar Crest white CS, Papertrey dark chocolate CS, Cupid Collection from Pink Paislee
  • Tools: Copic markers, sewing machine
  • Embellishments: The Twinery baker’s twine, misc. button & ribbon

Challenges:

28 comments:

Star said...

This is so adorable!! Just LOVE that image. Congrats to your daughter, and I'm glad puppy's ok! I'm also VERY glad to know the tomato solution is gone...my family is always threatening people with that, giving us all phobias about being within 50 feet of skunks. lol

Kathy and Lucky said...

My goodness and I thought my plate was full. I remember when I was a little our dog was sprayed and it is awful!!! Glad puppy is doing well and you found something that works on the smell. Congrats to Liz on her win! Love your card, it is so sweet and just gives that warm, mushy feeling all over :) Your cards are always fun to see. Sending you some cyber {{hugs}}.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Sounds like you have really had a time of it. Glad your pup is doing well and none the worst for wear. Love your sweet card. Sending hugs!

Karin said...

What a sweet card! Someone will love getting that in their mailbox from a far away loved one :) Hope your sweet dog is doing ok and it figures something crazy would happen, in a week that was already crazy on its own. Hang in there and I hope you can enjoy the holiday weekend!

McCrafty's Cards said...

gorgeous card, Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Shelter.
Kevin xx

Ute85 said...

such a sweet card..thanks for joining in the fun at Cutie Sunday...hugs Ute85

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous image, love your card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Chrissy said...

Such a lovely card, love these designs, so cute,the layers are wonderful, great papers.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen B. said...

This is adorable Cheryl, just adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card, love the image!

Riet said...

So beautiful card Cheryl,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Minckler said...

So....what you're saying then is that there's not too much going on in your life lately then? LOL...NOT!!
Good grief..so happy to hear puppy is doing well and congrats to the kiddo and work..well...
Your hug card is adorable and I absolutely love that image; especially the way you've colored it.
Thank you SO much for taking time out of your, obviously, hectic and memorable life to join us at Top Tip Tuesday for our "T" challenge.
Happy stamping to you...
Lisa xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Cheryl. Love the sweet image and your coloring. The papers are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl, this card is adorable. I love the stitching around the edges and the string in the front. So pretty.

I hope you're doing well. I'm having a blog candy giveaway too!! :)

Have a great day!

Bastelmichaela said...

Beautiful card...
thanks for joining cutie sunday.
Nice Greeting from Austria
hugs Michaela

xiumaiyuki said...

oh my, poor doggie. I'm glad she's doing well now. That sounded awful. Thank God we do not have skunks or snakes here in HI but lots and lots of centipedes and flying cockroaches... not sure if that's better. :)

Love, love this card! It made me smile and all tingly inside. :o) Hugs!

Tammy L said...

such an adorable card! Love it. Thanks for joining our 'seeing red' challenge at Craft Your Passion this week.
Tammy GDT

Sara I. said...

Awww, sending you hugs hugs Cheryl!! So glad your little concoction helped your furbaby and hope all is calm now. Congrats on your dd's team winning. Love this so much - love the image and fabulous papers. The button and twine is adorable!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Remember that line from a movie "What a WEEK I'm having!!!" That reminds me of your week!!

Glad the pup is OK and smelling better!!
Congrats to your daughter on the championship!

Love the hugging mice!!! Too adorable along with all the details you put into each and every card!!! Sweet!!!

have a great holiday weekend!!
Maria

Anne H. said...

Such a sweet card!
An adorable image and great take on the theme. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Amazing card ………. Great idea ..............Thanks for joining Cutie Sunday and TPS.....

Hugs
Bella-Judith

Annette said...

Love your card Cheryl, those little mice are sooo cute and those papers are really pretty. Thanks for joining in with the T challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Annette xx
I design for StampFairy, One Stop Craft Challenge, Incy Wincy Challenge, 2 Sisters Challenge, Top Tip Tuesday

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous! I LOVE the papers you've used and your colouring of that sweet image is fab!

Hope the bites are ok & Congrats to your daughter too!

Thanks for joining in with our 'T is for...' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

Carol x

Nadine said...

Hallo

wunderschön geworden. Da stimmt einfach alles.
Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Cutie Sunday.

Liebe Grüße Nadine

Jennipher said...

This is a darling image! Sounds like you had a crazy day.

Unknown said...

OMG your poor dog!! I hope he is felling heaps better by now. Love that card! Sending you a cyber hug to get you through the EOFY.
Alicia xx

Anne Marie Hile said...

Whew, from one "True-bie" to another, I am also happy to hear that you got through the show before the stinky drama really began. ;) Your poor fur-baby! We dealt with the skunk mess with one of our pups a few years ago. After trying the tomato juice thing we finally found the same remedy you used. Ugh, such a stinky situation! I'm glad she is ok, though.

On another note, your card is soooo cute! :)

Julia Sáddi said...

Hi Cheryl! Great pallette and lovely card! The mouses are so, so sweet!
xox Julia Sáddi - Brazil