Saturday, June 5, 2010

Honey, It's an Oldie

I found out that this card that I submitted months ago for OWH Stars & Stamps sketch 88 is going to be posted on their blog on Sunday.





This was one of the first images I colored with my alcohol markers when I got them. I was trying to keep the card relatively flat for easy mailing.



In the picture it looks like there is a little smudge above the heart but IRL there is nothing there. I'm not sure why it is doing that in the photo.



If you have a chance check out the OWH Stars & Stamps blog. If you would like to help support Operation Write Home with either blank, hand made cards or letters of support to our troops, you can get more information HERE.

Thank you for looking

Supplies:
  • Image: Honey Bee Buckets (Freebie) from Meljen's Designs
  • Papers & CS: All scraps except base Stampin' Up Whisper White
  • Inks: None
  • Embellishments & Tools: Prismacolor markers, black pen, misc heart punch, misc button
  • Techniques: Faux stitching

11 comments:

Dawnll said...

How exciting to have your adorable card posted. Congratulations sweetie!

Karin said...

Congrats Cheryl. it is a cutie :)

Joanne Gilch said...

It's a fine card and deserves to be shown all over the world! Good Golly if you hadn't pointed out that smudge...I can't even see it now that you've pointed it out.
congratulations, I'll have to go by there, OWH and see it..again!!!!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Terrific Cheryl! I've got to get back to the OWH cardmaking! It's been about 3 months since I've sent cards in! I love that little bee!!
Maria

Marlene said...

Congratulations! It's an adorable little card!

1CardCreator said...

Congrats on the feature Cheryl, I will stop by OWH tomorrow to leave you some love there. This is an adorable card, I love your coloring and dp too. Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Pat (mspfd) said...

Congratulations! What an adorable card for such a worthy cause!

Belinda said...

What a cute little worker bee. So cheerful and bright. Great coloring.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this darling card! How awesome for you- I try to make cards for OWH when ever I can- I love their sketch challenge to get me motivated and to keep it simple!

Kathy said...

Congrats and what a sweet little card. Didn't even notice the "smudge", sometimes it is glare that does that on my photos.

Tammy said...

Oh what a cute little bee! Such a fun and bright card!!