Thursday, May 27, 2010

Silver & Gold Challenge with Meljen's Designs

I made this card for Memorial Day which is quickly approaching. My original intent was to use this card to write a thank you note to our troops and post it to them through Operation Write Home. But then I spaced out and used glitter on the card which is not allowed for OWH cards (due to safety concerns). Since we usually have troops home on leave in our local Memorial Day parade, I will try to remember to bring it along and hand deliver to some one.




The new challenge on the Meljen's Designs Inspiration & Challenge blog is "Silver & Gold". I have silver brads and used a gold glitter pen on the little stars. This dove is Stars & Stripes Dove from the new Meljen's Release, In Loving Memory. These images can be purchased individually or in the set at a discounted price in the Meljen's Designs digishop. Remember you also have the option to create your own pack of 2 or 5 of your favorite images to get a discounted price. Here is a peak at the In Loving Memory release.


Melissa is also releasing a few other individual stamps today. (You can also create your own pack of 2 or 5 for a savings.)





To help keep a little silver and gold in your pocket, here is a coupon you can use on Meljen's Designs images over the Memorial Day holiday.








I hope you will join us for this week's Silver & Gold challenge. You do not have to use a Meljen's Designs image, but we would love to see you use one if you can. You can link up your card and see the DT inspiration pieces HERE.




Please take a moment to look at my 2nd post today. My Lindsay's Stamp Stuff post is HERE.

Thank you for looking! Have a safe & happy Memorial Day!


Challenges:


Supplies:


  • Images: Stars & Stripes Dove from Meljen's Designs
  • Papers & CS: PaperTrey white CS, Making Memories Floral Fabric Findings, Daisy D's Freedom Stripe, misc. blue & red CS
  • Ink: Distressed Ink in Tea Dye (just for sponging)
  • Tools & Embellishments: Close To My Heart glitter, misc. silver brads, Sakura gold glitter pen, Prismacolor markers, Stampin' Up border punch, Close To My Heart edge distressing tool

32 comments:

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card! I really love everything about it! Just perfect!

Hugs,
Lisa F.

Faye said...

Your card is sooooooooooo cool, I love it! x

Karin said...

Very cute card and I love the distressed edges!

Marlene said...

Love it! Beautifully done! (I had read the point about not using glitter, also. Makes sense.)

1CardCreator said...

Love the card, so appropriate for Memorial Day too! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Dawnll said...

Such a great idea to share with someone local. Great job Cheryl!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is wonderful! What a beautifully designed card for Memorial Day.

Firenze said...

Such a gorgeous card - and those stamps - too twee! I love 'em! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards

Suzanne said...

This is a great card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week and good luck
HUgs
Suzanne x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh you used my FAVORITE bg - dots! Loving the bird too! thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!!

Anonymous said...

Both of those are SO pretty!!! I LOVE the country feel of them!!!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh this is JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the layout and the image is fantastic! The distressed edges of the card and the shimmer add so much to your already lovely card.

Thank you for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges! I will have a Memorial Day surprise for Saturday. Hope to see you then!

Amanda said...

Cheryl, that's gorgeous! :D I have a call for my ezine for Independence day projects if you'd like to submit :D

www.inascrapcreations.blogspot.com

Thanks for inspiring us all! :D
Amanda in Ontario

Claudine Poch said...

Very sweet patriotic card. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Aunty Sue said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

Gina Lindsay said...

Great card those polka dots are lovely. What a great idea to hand deliver it too!

~amy~ said...

I love your sweet card!!

Mark's Finest Papers said...

OH, this is GREAT!

Ginny said...

GORGEOUS :0)

Cec said...

Adorable. Great layout. Thanks for joining us at Daisy Doodles.
Hugs!
Cec

Belinda said...

This is such a comforting design. Peaceful, with solid color combos. Very nice!

Lauretta See said...

Cheryl, i love your card :) Thank you for joining us this week on CRAFT YOUR PASSION. Hope to see you play with us often :) Good Luck !

Debbie said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing with us all at KLSNS this week :)

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card, great image. Anesha

Lindsay Weirich said...

wow, beautiful! I have to say MelJens new style is great and you do her wonderful stamps justice;)

Tracey said...

This is stunning Cheryl & perfect for the occasion.

Have a great (long) weekend (it is long in the USA like England isn't it?).

Hugs
Tracey
xx

Rhonda said...

I'm gonna have to get this image. Another wonderful card!!!! Love what you did. Thanks for playing with us at Daisy Doodles! Again.

valen said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the image you used.Thank you for joining us at CYP this week.

Unknown said...

Sooo cute, love the layout!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Cheryl,

I saw this card over at MelJen's today - it is so totally adorable. What a sweet image and wonderful job on the card. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and thank you for visiting my blog and commenting on my blog candy give-away. It is so nice to "meet" my visitors. I really appreciate you checking out my new work and being a regular visitor. Good luck in the blog candy drawing!

Thanks again

Hugs,
Linda

Kelly L said...

Wow, what a lovely job, Cheryl! I am sure any of the Troops would appreciate receiving this lovely sentiment from you. Thanks for joining us at KL Stampin N Scrappin! :) Kelly

Joanne Gilch said...

Cheryl, yet another masterpiece. I remember seeing this card before it went to publication! thanks for entering it into Daisy Doodles challenge. always a pleasure to 'see' you there.